Office Regenerator 2011 is an all in one fully-loaded MS Office document recovery program. In addition to having all the features of Word Regenerator 2011, Office Regenerator 2011 is also capable of recovering lost (corrupted, deleted, overwritten) Microsoft Excel 97-2010 documents and PowerPoint 97-2010 documents accurately. Free Trial !
Q: “I have an important 5000-words interview notes in MS Word, but it got overwritten by a 100-words MS Word file through an oversight. I typed “How to restore an overwriten word file” in Google search box, but most of the people on the net said that there is hope for recovery of deleted word files, but for overwritten word files, it is almost impossible to get the earlier contents. I hate to type the interview notes again. Anyone can provide me a feasible solution?“
A: I used to believe the overwritten word files can not resume, however recently I stumbed upon a program called Word Regenerator 2011 whose developers claim it can recover the overwritten Word documents. I tested it on my computer, and it indeedly helped me retrieve the Word file which was overwritten by another word file with same name. Followings are the testing processes:
1. I created two different word documents – test.doc and test1.doc on desktop, cut test1.doc to F: drive and renamed it to test.doc, then copied the test.doc from desktop to overwrite the test.doc on F: drive.
2. Download Word Regenerator 2011 to computer, and install it following the installation structions.
3. Open up Word Regenerator 2011. When its main screen pops up, users need to select a drive which Word Regenerator 2011 will search for lost documents. Due to the old word file (test1.doc) was overwritten on F: drive, I chose F: drive. And click the “Next” button.
4. On the next screen, users can choose the type of the document to recover including MS office Word, Excel and PowerPoint. I only chose the Word option. In addition, this program allows users to set file size limit on files to be recovered, any lost word files larger than the limit will not be recovered.
5. After that, I clicked the “Next” button and the program started to search the F: drive for my overwritten test1.doc.
6. The whole searching process took me about 30 minutes. The program found 13 lost word files including the test1.doc overwrited by the test.doc, and show them in the preview window.
7. I clicked the button “Save The File As …”, and retrieved the previous test1.doc finally.